Clustering is commonly recognised to enhance productivity, innovation and competitive performance between businesses. In addition to offer an energy system requires combining energy generation, energy distribution, energy storage and controls systems. So, companies will need to collaborate to offer energy systems. As a result, supporting the formation of clusters is at the heart of the Sustainable Islands International programme.
Our team can help support you in joining a business cluster to help you collaborate with our Scottish businesses and utilise the experience of everyone involved to maximise innovation and the cluster’s productivity and sales performance. We can support you in identifying an appropriate clustering opportunity which will enable your company to:
- Offer innovative solutions to the market.
- Gather and share market intelligence.
- Share production or testing facilities.
- Offer clients the confidence of buying a complete energy system solution;
- The ability to deliver large scale projects; or
- Collaborate on supply chain synergies.
The benefits of joining a cluster group are:
- Working with other companies to target new business opportunities and new markets.
- Sharing technical information to better understand capabilities of the other companies and how they may complement your work.
- Share and develop, market intelligence, leads and local contacts.
- Identifying supply chain synergies and opportunities for streamlining and reducing the cost of procurement.
- Working with other companies to develop pilot projects.
- Forming consortia to bid for specific business opportunities.
- Benefit from Sustainable Islands International marketing and technical support.